The "quiet" Westallgäu in Bavaria lies in a sunny location above the Allgäu mountains and Lake Constance. The hills are gentle , the valleys lovely and wide. The West Allgäu sees itself as a source of strength and offers small breaks from everyday life, such as Saturday pilgrimages or forest bathing. Charming villages as well as lonely farms and alpine dairies invite you to visit and relax. On the way, you will repeatedly meet "happy" cows at eye level and good tasting hay-milk cheese in traditional alpine dairies. The Allgäu Cheese Route and the Jakobus Trail are firmly anchored in the region.
13 vacation resorts promise hikers, nature lovers, cyclists and families beautiful vacations. In this hilly pre-Alpine landscape with large forest and meadow areas, hiking fans will find 31 circular tours on the "Westallgäu Waterways" with streams, moors, ponds and small lakes along the way. There is much to discover on the three certified "aussichtsreich" premium hiking trails. "Forest & Meadow" near Oberreute, "Mountain & Lake" in Scheidegg and "Gorge & Mysticism" in Weiler-Simmerberg. The premium walking trails are somewhat more leisurely.
View homepage Westallgäu Tourismus
- Various charming hikes on the "Westallgäu waterways" lead to rushing streams and raging waterfalls, to idyllic ponds and enchanted moors, but also to historic mills and old saws.
- Forest bathing in the Western Allgäu means relaxing at sunny heights. The only sound you hear is the rustling of the leaves in the forest.
- The new premium hiking and walking trails "aussichtsreich" promise wonderful wide views over Lake Constance to neighboring Austria and the Alps. 65 hiking kilometers with 1300 meters of altitude difference are excellently marked.
- Herbs and cheese - gourmets will still find many traditional alpine dairies or herb gardens in the Western Allgäu, such as at Artemisia.
- Families experience the West Allgäu in a special way when they spend their vacation with specially trained water ambassadors. These vacation farms give hiking tips and have exciting experiences in store for their younger guests.